Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Drop it like it's hot?

Today everyone is officially "Drop Things Day"...Why? Lets see:
5:36 a.m.---the opening server at the Happy Waffle, Indian Head, tries to replace the 5 gallon bag of milk in the machine. The nipple pops off, spraying milk all over her, the counter, and the floor. What a mess to clean up right before we open...time to get the mop bucket and towels. I felt bad because I had way too many things to do to help and the fact that she had to call and wake up her boyfriend so he could bring her a new shirt.
6:12 a.m --Kitchen Boss drops the poach egg pot which had just started boiling. Lucky for him he didn't get splashed..hmmm where did that mop go??
7:45ish--Right before Twin is supposed to clock on I dropped a bag of hashbrowns and it breaks open all over the line..no mop just a broom this time.
9:00 to about 11---Oatmeal dropped onto Twin's hand (ouch). Dishwasher drops a coffee cup which bounces off the rubber mat twice and THEN breaks (that was kinda cool looking). One customer dropped her baby as I was going to the drink station to get a soda (holding back a chuckle at this point because neither a mop or towels are going to help).
12:52--Almost time for me to go (it's my early out day) I splash bacon grease on my finger and drop a nice little cuss word loud enough for Botox Boss to shush me...at this point in the day I just wanted everyone to drop dead!
Finally this day is dropping off into history and hopefully, please let it be....no repeats!
Later--Tyger

No comments:

Post a Comment