Saturday, June 11, 2011

Zap! and a lot of wet kittehs...

Ok so this week has been nothing short of interesting. Tuesday my dad calls and says his air conditioner has broken for a couple days and he wants to pick my brain. Hey this is right up my alley, this is exactly what I'm going to school for! Yay I can help! So we narrow it down on the phone to the condenser fan motor.
"I'll go get another one tomorrow after work and maybe you can come over and help" he says.
"Sure, no sweat!" I'm still chipper and kinda excited.  Wednesday rolls around and he picks me up from work with a ghetto drawing of what the motor looked like before he popped it off and got another one. WTF?! This drawing, and I'm using the term loosely, looks like a kindergarten picture except it's not done in crayon.
"I had a hard time tracing this all out and my glasses kept trying to fall off, I hate getting old etc etc.."
"Dad I don't understand this picture at all"
"Just wait til you get there and see it cause I can't explain it, this system is older than dirt I swear"
Well he wasn't joking about that. The whole thing looked like the first settlers had installed it! So it's 94 degrees out and I'm sweating balls trying to trace all these screwed up wires so we can put the motor on correctly.
Test one: One of my wires crossed and ZAP we blew a fuse...well that's easy enough. Drink more gatorade and wipe sweat out of my eyes. Double check wires.
Test two: The new motor fires up fine but the fan is turning the wrong direction. Ok no problem, that's easy to fix as well.
Test three: Everything starts up and works perfectly. Right about then I feel a mix between proud and heat exhaustion but mostly proud. Dad is thrilled and happy because he won't have to sweat himself to sleep anymore. He beams at me and tells my step mom that I fixed it. Well yeah but I cheated and had last semesters notes to referr to :)
Thursday-- My mom has told us to wake up early so we can drive to go see a show at a tourist spot an hour away. Sounds cool so I wake Panther and Oscelot up at 6am so we all can go eat breakfast before we leave town. My mom is late picking us up! This is a big deal. Never, never, and I mean never is she tardy to anything. In fact the last time I was supposed to do something with her and showed up a little late she ended up crying and saying how I probably didn't want to even spend time with her. Now my mom is neither as crazy as Panthers or as uncaring as Oscelots and that's why I was totally surprised by this. All she had to say about it was "oops, I don't know what I was thinking haha"  Huh, well alrighty then.
We make it to the show just fine. It was called The Amazing Pet Show. I thought it was a hoot. The coolest part in the whole thing were the trained house cats. They would walk tight ropes and balance beams and roll over and do all sorts of neat tricks. Why can't my kids be as cool? They don't do tricks, they get into trouble and basically the only really good trick they are good at is taking naps!
Which brings me to tonight...KITTY BATH TIME! Now this only happens once a year in the spring time when all the winter coat is nasty and shedding everywhere. Thank heavens this only happens once a year. We have 5 cute kids, yes I said 5, and this year was Little Man and Evelyn's first time. One by one we rounded them up..Panther insisted on taking a before and after shot of each of them. I guess why not add insult to injury, right? Needless to say its a family affair, lots of struggling, yowling and trying to claw our eyes out.  Everyone ends up wet and miserable looking.  My little princess Delylah (my baby and queen bee of the house) even showed her disdain of me personally. I sat down on the couch and looked over at her and told her I was sorry and asked her if she felt a little better now that she was clean. She climbed up on the couch and right in front of me pooped on a stack of clean underwear that I had folded last night! I couldn't believe it! In the past Delylah has peed on Panther's clothes to show her that she wasn't welcome (that stopped after she figured out Panther was not going anywhere) and every once in a while she will pee on a stack of DIRTY laundry if I don't wash it right away ( I swear she might be OCD a little). Bold as brass..I swear if she could have flipped me off while doing it she would have.
Well it's past my bedtime...gotta go--Tyger

No comments:

Post a Comment